Greensboro Social Security Disability Benefits Attorney
Helping Clients Secure the Funds They Need for Their Future
Trying to get Social Security Disability Benefits is usually a long, tedious and frustrating process. When you’re dealing with an injury and having financial difficulties, the Social Security Disability application process is truly like adding insult to injury. It is a very stressful activity at a time when added stress is the last thing you need.
How Do I Qualify for Social Security Disability Benefits?
If you want to successfully file for Social Security Disability benefits, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- You must have a serious injury or illness
- Your serious injury or illness must prevent you from doing the types of work you’ve done in the past
- You must be unable to perform other types of gainful work
- Your disability must have lasted 12 months or be expected to last for 12 months or result in death
- You must have worked long enough and paid enough in Social Security taxes to have the necessary “work credits”
These requirements don’t seem very complicated and yet the Social Security Administration confirms that over 60% of initial applications are denied and over 80% of appeals are denied. If your Social Security Disability claim has been denied, it is important that you act fast. You only have a limited period of time to appeal the decision (60 days).
Has Your Claim Been Denied?
If your application for Social Security Disability benefits has been denied or you have questions about eligibility for Social Security Disability benefits, contact Roane Law to speak to an attorney who can answer your questions and help you navigate this difficult process.