Uninsured/ Underinsured Motorist Claims

Greensboro Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Claims

Accidents Caused by Drivers with Inadequate Insurance

After car accidents occur, the victims are usually able to seek full compensation through the at-fault party’s insurance company. Unfortunately, this is not an option for every accident victim. Sometimes, the driver who caused the accident is uninsured or underinsured (meaning he or she does not have the level of coverage needed to fully pay for the damages caused to the victim).

In other cases, the injury victim might have been in a hit-and-run accident, in which it is impossible to obtain the other party’s insurance information. People who find themselves in these types of scenarios might feel like all hope is lost for obtaining the payment they need for recovery.

The truth, however, is that there could still be compensation options available to these victims. At Roane Law, our Greensboro personal injury attorneys can help the injured individuals explore their options for compensation, which include Uninsured Motorist (UM) and Underinsured Motorist (UIM) claims.

Contact our firm today at (336) 617-6125 to schedule your free initial case evaluation!

How UM/UIM Coverage Works

When drivers have this type of coverage included in their policies, they can seek payment from their own insurance companies instead of, or in addition to, the insurance companies of the at-fault parties. Uninsured Motorist coverage provides compensation for both bodily injury and property damage, while Underinsured Motorist coverage only pays for bodily injury, according to the North Carolina Department of Insurance. When the other driver has insurance but is considered “underinsured,” the UIM coverage will only pay, at maximum, the difference between the at-fault driver’s liability policy limits and the victim’s UIM policy limits.

How Our Greensboro Car Accident Lawyers Can Help

Our law firm can help you file your claim with your insurance company and prove the facts related to your case that show that your accident qualifies under UM or UIM coverage. In some cases in which even this coverage is not enough to completely cover the damages that occurred from the accident, a lawyer might be able to help you take advantage of other options for obtaining the compensation you deserve. Make sure that you have a knowledgeable legal representative helping you protect your best interests.